Sunday, August 10, 2008

Absent, but not Idle

I've been working out-really! After we nearly killed ourselves moving from the old house to the new one, we rested a couple weeks and then started back to working out. The new neighborhood is perfect for walking with wide sidewalks and soft hills and a beautiful pathed walkway through the woods all the way down to Bethany (about three miles). Lovely.
Most weeks I lift weights two or three times for about 45 minutes each session, and walk 45 minutes every morning I'm not working, which amounts to four times a week. In the evenings, husband and I will walk or ride bikes for 45 minutes or so. At least once a week, I like to "try" and do a Jillian Michaels workout. I can do about half of what she wants you to do, about halfway. At least I try. I spend a lot of the workout time just laughing at myself. Pushups the "real" way? Ya gotta be kidding!
Today, Sunday, the official start of the week, I walked 55 minutes with husband and George the dog. Then did a 12x12 weight routine, then a concentrated workout on the shoulders and chest, for a total of about 45 minutes. Then abs for about five minutes.

No comments: