Monday, July 26, 2010

Down and out

I will post more often. Promise. There hasn't been a whole lot to say. Injured my shoulder, not exercising, but at work. It was all I could do to go to work and do my job for two months. I think the durn thing was semi-dislocated, because as I was healing, I started lifting light weights and when I did a chest press, there was a distinct CLUNK and although it hurt like a mother at the time, (seriously, it was one of those moments where the tears sprang out of my eyes), my shoulder hurt much less afterwards.
I know, I shoulda gone to the doctor. Have I gone yet? No. I know. I'm stubborn like that.
One of the blogs I follow, Tallgrass Prairie Studio, is sponsoring a quilting/fitness challenge called the "Improv(E) Your Butt Challenge". And heaven knows, I need to exercise more and quilt more.
My goal is to complete a quarter triathlon every week. That's 0.6 miles swimming, 28 miles cycling, and 6.5 miles running. Every day I'm not working (4 days a week), my goal is to "swim" 0.15 miles, bike 7 miles and "run" 1.625 miles. Since I'm just starting out, and I'm still dealing with my shoulder injury, "swimming" will consist of just moving through the water as best as I can, biking will consist of me trying my best to move forward and not fall off the bike, and running will consist of a combination of walking and jogging.
I do want to continue with a couple sessions of yoga and pilates per week and getting back to lifting weights regularly.
And eat clean. I know I can do it.

No comments: